Please report issues with the manual on the GitHub page.
11. Benchmark Report¶
Since v2018a, SUEWS is benchmarked against observations for assessment of model performance. A site based benchmark report generation system is introduced in v2018c to produce detailed reports for testing sites; the number of sites is expanding and more cases will be added as they are benchmarked.
Each report includes the following parts:
- Overall performance:
- Performance Score: Large scores indicate better performance. The scores are calculated according to weighted averages of statistics for selected benchmark variables.
- Detailed Statistics: Grids are coloured based relative performance between different versions: a greener grid indicates better performance in the chosen variable using the specific release whereas a redder one shows poorer performance; and those with gray backgrounds indicate the same performance across different releases.
- Cross-comparison in model variables between releases:
- Detailed statistics tables: statistics for each variable.
- Pair plots: comparison in simulation results between different version-pairs.
- Time series plots: comparison in simulated monthly climatologies of diurnal cycles of each variable between different version-pairs.
Currently, these benchmark reports are available: